December 8, 2016

Scar Girl - Len Vlahos


Title: Scar Girl
Author: Len Vlahos
Pages: 272
Publisher: Egmont USA
Source: Netgalley
About: Told as an interview with the band after they reach the pinnacle of success, readers will hear from Cheyenne, Harry, and Richie as they discover the ups and downs of being a rock musician, complete with meltdowns on stage and fights that test the limits of the band. 
This is the Scar Boys in their own words.



I read The Scar Boys and loved it, so I knew as soon as I saw Scar Girl go up on Netgalley I had to request it.  The tiny description that I could find for it basically tells you what you need to know.  It’s framed as an interview with the band, which I’m not totally sure I loved.  The transition from interview to story didn’t always make sense to me.  I couldn’t tell if it was all supposed to be told in interviews and the story parts were just one person talking for a long time, or if there was supposed to be a clear separation between them.  This also may have just been an issue with the formatting of the e-galley.  The title made me think this book was going to mostly focus on Cheyenne, but you really get time with the whole band still.  Be forewarned, this is not a happy book, but if you read The Scar Boys, I think Scar Girl is a must.

No comments:

Post a Comment