February 4, 2016

Kill the Lights - a Bloodlines mix

There is not much I like more in this world than music.  There is a song for every mood and for every situation.  Music can express things that can't be put into words, but the best songs (for me) are the ones that echo the feelings that my favorite characters give me.  My Spotify playlists aren't moods, they're 'Emma as Dark One,' they're 'Celaena,' they're 'The Raven Cycle' and the simply titled 'Bitch.'

When I first read the Vampire Academy series, I knew that Adrian Ivashkov was a character that wouldn't leave me anytime soon.  And when he and Sydney got together, forget it, I was a goner.  The best thing about Sydney and Adrian is that they are two of the best written characters in their own right.  (Well, until the last two Bloodlines books, but I don't even want to go there.  The first four are basically perfection).  So obviously over the course of time my Adrian playlist filled itself out and I'm going to share it with you.  Now, it started out as an Adrian mix and kind of transformed into a Sydrian mix as it went along, but that's how their story is, right?  Anyway, if you enjoy it, let me know.



Wake Up // The Arcade Fire
We're just a million little gods causin' rainstorms
Turnin' every good thing to rust

R U Mine? // Arctic Monkeys
I go crazy 'cause here isn't where I want to be
And satisfaction feels like a distant memory
And I can't help myself all I wanna hear her say is are you mine?

Talk! // The 1975
Passing gramatical mistakes
Totally wrecked and polemic in the way he talks
Vocal sabbatical, delayed by churning out the same
Why do you talk so loud?

God of Wine // Third Eye Blind
And the siren's song that is your madness
Holds a truth I can't erase
All alone on your face

Wild Heart // The Vamps
Oh, oh, oh, she needs a wild heart
She needs a wild heart
I got a wild heart

Electricity // Arctic Monkeys
Darlin' tell me something I don't know
Be my baby, be my GTO

Kill the Lights // Matt Nathanson
I found religion at the record store
I found heaven on your kitchen floor
You be stunning, baby, I'll be stunned
Keep glowing, I'll follow your explosions

No comments:

Post a Comment