January 5, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday (88)


This week's topic is


I'm going to break this down into personal and blogging resolutions.  First up, personal:

1. Participate in every Flex It Pink virtual 5k this year.  I did two of these last year with some friends and they were a lot of fun.  It's a regular 5k (or 10k, if you prefer), but you do it in your own space, on your own time.  There's no giant crowd of people and no finish line.  If you do all six races you get an extra finisher's medal, which is what I'm shooting for this year.

2. Save more money.  I am captain I need that this instant and then when it gets in my house I don't know what to do with it or where to put it.  I'm sure there are better things to do with my money besides buy 18,000 vinyl pops. (Maybe.)

3. Go outside more.  I write this on the coldest day of the season so far, but really.  I need to leave my couch no matter how much I don't want to.

4. Cut down the amount of concerts I attend.  Last year I felt kind of stressed every time I had a concert to go to and that was no fun.  Now, I already have two concerts lined up for this year, but I'm going to try my best to keep the number low.  That may be difficult depending on the state of Rooney, who, out of nowhere, announced a new song and more announcements in 2016.  On the flip side, One Direction's taking a break, so that means I'm already at least two shows down from where I usually sit.

5. Clear out the clutter.  I don't know if I mentioned this, but I freaking love stuff.  This makes for a really cramped living space.  I'm going to do my best to purge the things that I truly don't need anymore.  This way when I inevitably buy new vinyl pops (what is wrong with me) they can occupy the previously occupied spaces and not my bed.

My blogging resolutions can be summed up as 'be better':

6. Finish the challenges that I sign up for this year.  I haven't even picked them all out yet, but I know I want to finish them.  I've decided to stick with 100 books for my Goodreads goal and I've signed up for the Debut Author Challenge, so hopefully I can find some new authors to love this year.

7. Write more reviews.  I feel like I say this every year, but it's because I suck at it.  I read a ton of books, but then don't review them.  I'm going to keep my review notebook in my purse so I can write on the go, maybe that will help.

8. Be more inspired.  A couple months into the year I usually lose my blogging steam.  I get not excited about my posts and it's easier to just not blog.  I'm going to try not to let that happen this year.

9. Give my library card a workout.  Not going to BEA or ALA this year is going to hit me where it hurts - new releases.  I'm going to do my best to not let these slide on by and instead get them from my library.

10. While I'm on the library topic, I'm also going to try to not rack up fines.  I am literally the worst because the only reason I usually have fines is because I'm too lazy to drag my ass over to the library to return my stuff.  Like honestly, I took out a book before Christmas, finished it, renewed it because I didn't make it back to the library before Christmas, forgot to bring it back, accrued fines, and renewed it again.  This book is still in my room.  Please don't yell at me, I'm trying to be better.

So that's it.  #goals for 2016. How are you guys planning on making this year better than the last?


No comments:

Post a Comment