October 29, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (57)


This week's topic is

I love love love scary books.  I wish I had time this year to read some before Halloween, but sadly I got sucked in to the amazingness that is Vampire Academy and Bloodlines last week and have not looked back since.  Here are some of my favorite scary looking covers to get you in a spooky mood.


This is an awesome cover for an equally as awesome book.  A totally different spin on the 'girl in a dress' covers.


The cover for Between the Devil really reflects how atmospheric and creepy the book is. 


The image of the island sells you on how isolated the kids are on this weekend of terror.


I don't know whether to laugh at this cover or what.  The Face on the Milk Carton is not scary.  At all.  Why is there a girl trapped inside the carton?  Great book, not so great repackage.  People expecting a horror series will be disappointed.


I've never read The Replacement, but this cover creeps me out and makes me want to know more.


I was actually concerned that this was going to be too scary to read because of the pictures.  I'm glad I tried it though, because I really enjoyed it.


All I think about when I see this cover is The Girl with the Green Ribbon and I get freaked out.  I loved scaring myself when I was little with all these stories.


Something about this cover always freaked me out when I was younger, but I bought it anyway.  I'm sure this book is still in my basement somewhere and I would still be terrified if I came across it.


Simple and scary.  Perfect for an R.L. Stine book.


I took these out of my elementary school library so many times, but I would never look directly at the covers.  I am a chicken at heart.

What about you guys?  Got any scary reads made scarier by a great cover?  Let me know in the comments!

5 comments:

  1. Bewteen the devil and the deep blue sea looks fabulous!! Great pick of covers ;) ;) And have fun with Vampire Academy! It's freaking amazing <3 <3 <3 Rose and Dimitri will rock your world forever ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between the Devil is awesome! I definitely recommend it. And Vampire Academy was SO GOOD. But I liked Bloodlines even better!

      Delete
  2. Amazing picks, but I do not fault you for not reading any Halloween picks this year. The VA series is that much more important. *le swoon* Maybe I'll reread them soon. :)

    Our List
    Andy @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VA was amazing, but Bloodlines ruined my life. So so good. I regret nothing.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I really love the cover for A Midsummer Night's Scream, simple and scary is right. I haven't read The Replacement either but it made my list as well!

    Roxy @ Story Envy

    ReplyDelete