August 6, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (53)


This week's topic is

This week's topic was harder for me than I thought it would be.  Apparently I read a lot of series/companion books.  Also, a lot of the stand alones I do read I am very content keeping it to one book.  Eleanor and Park?  Perfect the way it is.  Tiger Lily?  I don't think I could handle another one.  Chopsticks?  I want answers, but I know that this one's amazingness lies in the interpretation.   Here are some books that I want to spend more time with in the form of a sequel.

Jynx - Meg Cabot
Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys - Kate Brian
A Midsummer's Nightmare - Kody Keplinger
Sweethearts - Sara Zarr
Decked With Holly - Marni Bates
Falling in Love With English Boys - Melissa Jensen
The Piper's Son - Melina Marchetta


I highly recommend all of these and I would love to be able to explore the characters and stories more in a sequel.  They don't need them, per se, but I enjoyed them so much that I just want more.  I can't wait to see what you guys picked!


(Hey!  If you have a free minute, head on over to The Literacy Site and click everyday to give kids free books!  Thanks.)

2 comments:

  1. Britt I haven't really heard of the books you have on your list, I can't believe I haven't heard of Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys considering I quite like Kate Brian!

    I love Melina Marchetta, she's one of my favourite Authors, although I'm yet to read The Piper's Son. I have one of her books in my list this week. Check out which one ;)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Melina Marchetta is AMAZING. Jellicoe Road is the next one of hers that I'm planning on reading. I love The Piper's Son, definitely check it out!

      Delete