July 9, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (51)


This week's topic is


Best:


Harry Potter
Classic.  There are some trouble spots with the movies, but I'd take the story of the Boy Who Lived anyway I can get it.


The Hunger Games
Look at those vicious looking tributes up there.  I thought they did a really nice job adapting the first book and I can't wait to see what they do with Catching Fire.


Tuck Everlasting
I weep openly.  I love this book and I love the movie even more.  Jonathan Jackson, come on.


Ramona & Beezus
This was a really cute movie.  And who doesn't love the Ramona books?  Actually when we were watching the movie at our house we were getting our dining room painted and at the part where Ramona falls through the ceiling the painter started laughing.  Fun for everyone!


William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet
Perfect.  I love Baz Luhrmann's adaptation so so much.  Plus, look at that face!  See also: x x x


Chocolat
Great book, great movie.


The Princess Diaries
I could watch this movie 24/7 and not get sick of it.  It's not really true to the books at all, but it's enjoyable as hell.  Plus, Robert Schwartzman!  I've met him!

Worst:


Twilight 
I'm uncomfortable just looking at that picture.  The first one set the bar so low that the only place to go was up.  And they did get better as they went along, but only slightly.


Beastly
I actually liked the movie a bit more than the book.  That being said, they were both not great.


A Walk to Remember
My favorite Nicholas Sparks book.  They kind of bastardized everything that I loved about the book, but I still loved the movie when it came out.  I can now admit, though, that the movie was not all that great.  My high school self would be so ashamed.


There are a ton of book movies that I wanted to include that I liked (Beautiful Creatures!  Matilda!) but haven't read the books so I couldn't do a proper comparison.  What about you guys?  Any movies that you thought ruined the spirit of your favorite book?  Or were totally different, but worked anyway?

3 comments:

  1. I didn't even think about Ramona and Beezus and I loved those books and the movies so much I passed them to my little sister smh I'm not sure how I forgot about that one! Great list!

    Here's My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list, I love Harry Potter, The Hunger Games and Princess Diaries as well. I agree that Twilight was bad and hard to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I forgot about Romeo and Juliet! I love that movie so much! And I totally agree with all of your worsts, especially A Walk to Remember. So terrible.
    If You have a sec please check out my top ten http://www.bookcrackercaroline.blogspot.com/2013/07/top-ten-tuesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete