January 1, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (33)


Happy New Year everyone!  I hope everyone had a great holiday.  I'm so late to posting this because today was a super lazy day in my house.  We had a giant New Years slumber party last night: spent the night playing Guitar Hero and Rock Band, camped out in the living room, and spent the day in pjs hanging out and eating delicious food.  It's the best way to start the New Year, in my opinion.  Anyway, this week's super appropriate topic is
Top Ten Books I Resolve to Read in 2013


Ever since I read The Fault in our Stars I've been meaning to read more John Green and I think Alaska is a good place to start.

I have been hearing nothing but good things about this book lately and it's made me so curious.  I've loved Peter Pan ever since I was little and I've always been intrigued by Tiger Lily.

I read the Mortal Instruments last year, but decided to take a break after the first three.  I haven't gotten back to them yet, but I want to make sure that I do soon.

My sister has not stopped raving about this one since she read it.  I trust her judgement, so I know I need to check this one out.

I've been waiting for Gayle Forman's next book pretty much since I finished Where She Went.  I'm super excited because she's going to be at my favorite indie bookstore signing in February and I'm promising myself that I will read it before the signing.

I was so bad with this series.  I read the first two and then didn't immediately get to Forever after it came out and never went back.  I will finish this series in 2013.

The buzz on this one has all been extremely positive and I'm really excited to check it out.

I read Saving Francesca and The Piper's Son this year after going to see Melina Marchetta speak and I just fell in love with her characters and her writing.  I'm so excited to have another of her books to get sucked in to.

I am dying for this one.  DYING.  I have to know how it ends.  Lauren Oliver is a beast and I will read anything and everything she puts out ever.

I started this one on line for another author's signing at BEA and I loved it immediately, but never went back to it after that.  I will pick it back up again soon.


2 comments:

  1. I am definitely reading Looking for Alaska(or another John Green) this year, since I have yet to do so. I'm also so excited for Requiem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good list. Tiger Lily souns really interesting. I need to check it out.
    Love the way you represented the covers.
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete