December 25, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (32)


This week is a freebie week!  Because it's Christmas, I'm going to go with: 
Top Winter/Holiday books

Get ready to curl up with a cup of hot chocolate and get reading!


1. Decked with Holly - Marni Bates
I'm not gonna lie, I'm not even done with this one yet, but I love it already.  It's set on a cruise, takes place over Christmas, and involves the super hot drummer of a really popular band.  What's not to like?

2. Love Happens - Elizabeth Chandler
I read this book every year at Christmas.  It's really cheesy and embarrassing to read in public, but I don't care.  It's kind of an updated Prince and the Pauper story where the two guys are roommates at a prestigious boarding school.  Quinn (the rich one) would rather go skiing than go visit family friends over the holidays.  He sends his scholarship fund roommate, Jeff, in his place.  Of course Jeff falls for the family's daughter, wacky hijinks ensue, and all is righted in the end.

3. Bittersweet - Sarah Ockler
Cupcakes and ice skating, is there anything better?  Every time I started a new chapter the cupcake description made me want to stop and make cupcakes.  The minute I picked this one up I knew I would love it.

4. The Long Winter - Laura Ingalls Wilder
Pa goes to town for supplies during a giant blizzard AND IT TAKES ALMOST THE WHOLE BOOK TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS TO HIM.  Clearly I was traumatized by this book as a child, but it's my favorite of all the Little House books.

5. Let It Snow - John Green, Maureen Johnson, Lauren Myracle
One snowstorm, three interconnecting stories.  Done by some of the best in YA, Let It Snow should be on everyone's winter reading list.

Bonus mentions: 
6. Ex-Mas - Kate Brian
7. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares - Rachel Cohn & David Levithan


All of these books are sure to help get you into the holiday spirit.
Merry Christmas everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Let It Snow is the only Holiday book I have read but I really want to read more. Merry Christmas!
    Carson @ Reader with Voice

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really tempted to reread Let It Snow right now because it's snowing! Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. I have Decked With Holly on my TBR pile, and think it will be great as I just adored Awkward!

    Great picks!

    Merry Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas! I'm definitely going to check out Awkward, I just finished Decked With Holly and I loved it!

      Delete
  3. I don't tend to read too many seasonal books, but sounds like there might be some good choices.

    Check out my TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  4. Decked with Holly was so much fun. I loved the whole pregnant zombie scene. I was laughing so hard.

    I really need to read Let it Snow. It would be perfect right now because where I live is getting hit by a snow storm. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! It's been snowing/raining all night. I'm really tempted to reread!

      Delete