November 20, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (27)


This week's topic is
Top Ten Books/Authors I'm Thankful For

I found, when I was making this list, that most of my authors/books are contemporary.  I think the reason for that is that there are so many really bad YA contemporaries out there that when I find a good one or, even rarer, a great one I'm so so happy.  They become those books that I'll read over and over or an author that I'll read anything they write without question.

Meg Cabot
Stephanie Perkins
The Westing Game
Holly Black
The Secret Society Girl series
JK Rowling
Kate Brian/Kieran Scott
The Fault in our Stars
Deb Caletti
My Life Next Door

I hope everyone has a really happy, healthy Thanksgiving full of all the delicious food you can stand.  We're having family over to our house for dinner and then I'm looking forward to our annual first viewing of White Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Interesting list! I've loved the books I've read from JK - and I'm reading The Fault in Our Stars now. I'll have to check out some of the other authors & books you mentioned.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. JK Rowling for sure! The Fault in our Stars is on my TBR list!

    Check out my TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  3. "here are so many really bad YA " truer words were never spoken. I feel that you have to wade through a ton of crap to get to the good ones. But there are some great and exciting things happening in the YA world, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so much crap! But I feel like YA also gives authors room to explore and try out things that they would never be able to writing "adult" books. And that results in a lot of really awesome stories.

      Delete