October 23, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (24)



This week's topic is:
Top Ten Books to Get in the Halloween Spirit

I'm going to split this into books I've read and books I haven't.  The ones I haven't are currently on my TBR list and I'm very looking forward to reading.

Books I've read:

1. Jinx - Meg Cabot
Witches!

2. In a Dark, Dark Room - Alvin Schwartz
Okay, this is one of the most memorable books from my childhood.  The Girl With the Green Ribbon will be with me FOREVER.

3. Halloween Rain (a Buffy the Vampire Slayer novel) - Christopher Golden & Nancy Holder
I love Buffy and I loved the novelizations when I was in high school.  This one's perfect for Halloween.

4. Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark - Alvin Schwartz
Another short story book.  I remember these stories terrifying me when I was younger.

5. The Westing Game - Ellen Raskin
This isn't really a scary book, but involves a dead man, a mystery, and a game.  Halloween-y enough for me.

Books I haven't:

6. Ten - Gretchen McNeil
Murder mystery!

7. I Hunt Killers - Barry Lyga
A serial killer's son investigates murders.

8. Anna Dressed in Blood - Kendare Blake
Ghost story with a love story?  I'm intrigued.

9. Born Wicked - Jessica Spotswood
Witches.  I love me some witches.

10. 17 and Gone - Nova Ren Suma
Visions of girls gone missing.


I leave you with my zombie pumpkin.  Happy Halloween everybody!


5 comments:

  1. Ten is on my TBR too. I used to love the Buffy novelisations, I can't remember if I read this particular one, but I got through a fair few!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah! Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark and the Westing Game are awesome! I haven't thought about either of those in years! Thanks for reminding me! :D
    My TTT. Happy Tuesday! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower here. Great list. Ten is awesome. Stop by and check out my list...http://asoutherngirlsbookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-ten-tuesdayhalloween-spirit.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I really liked Anna Dressed in Blood. A few of the others are on my reading list, and will hopefully get to soon. Awesome list :-)

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I like that you have 2 sections, books you've read, and books you haven't. I wish I had thought of that!

    Jinx would be a great Halloween read! I wish I had added that to my list.

    ReplyDelete