March 27, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (11)



This week's topic:
Top Ten Books That I'd Play Hooky With.

If I'm staying home and reading all day I want the book to be swoon-y.  Or adventure-y.  Or both.  Also, a lot of them are series books.  All the more to play hooky with.


1. The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
I've been in such a Hunger Games place since I saw the movie.  Can't stop, won't stop.
 2. Delirium - Lauren Oliver
Another great dystopian that I would totally spend the day with.
3. White Cat - Holly Black
I just got Black Heart from a friend and am dying to pick it up!
4. The Harry Potter series - JK Rowling
A no brainer.
5. Sloppy Firsts - Megan McCafferty
One of the best contemporary series out there.
6. Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins
Love love love.
7. Lola and the Boy Next Door - Stephanie Perkins
See above.
8. Smokin' Seventeen - Janet Evanovich
I'm a little behind on this series so it would be nice to spend a day catching up.
9. If I Stay - Gayle Forman
I've been wanting to reread this for a while now.
10. Secret Society Girl - Diana Peterfreund
I think this was the first summer since I've read this series that I haven't reread it.  I miss it.
 


3 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous list!! Anna and Lola are definitely perfect "play hooky from real grownup life and my crappy corporate life" type books for sure. If I Stay is sooo good and so easy to devour in a few hours. And Sloppy Firsts...oh Jessica Darling <33

    So glad I stumbled upon your blog whilst TTT surfing! Will be adding it to my reader for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh definitely, definitely The Hunger Games. One day I'm going to sit in bed and read all three books back to back, with a cup of tea and a packet of biscuits. I swear that will be my perfect day...

    I actually have White Cat, Delirium and Anna and the French Kiss all on my TBR, but I'm sure it'll definitely be a 'Hooky Day' when I get round to them :)

    ReplyDelete