February 28, 2012

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

Title: Pandemonium
Author: Lauren Oliver
Pages: 384
Publisher: HarperCollins

From bn.com:
I’m pushing aside the memory of my nightmare,
pushing aside thoughts of Alex,
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school,
push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.

Lauren Oliver delivers an electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller, Delirium. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite.

This book, you guys.  THIS BOOK.  It's one of those 'there aren't words to express these feelings that I'm feeeeeeling' books.  I had gotten an ARC of Delirium before it came out and flew through it.  It was my favorite dystopian of the three that came out right around each other (Delirium, Matched, and Bumped), and I've been dying for the sequel ever since.  Let me tell you - it does not disappoint.  I was a little spoiled (on a major plot point, boo) because I stumbled on a spoilery review for it before I read it, but it didn't matter.  Pandemonium had me from the first page and never let me go.  I had so many things that I was planning on doing the day that I read it, but I didn't wind up moving from my couch before I was finished with it.  If you haven't read Delirium, get to it.  I don't know what you're waiting for.  I am now waiting impatiently for Requiem (and will be waiting until February 2013 according to Good Reads).  Happy release day to Lauren Oliver and Pandemonium!

No comments:

Post a Comment